Friday, April 01, 2005

Good News/Bad News

The school district passed down its solution to the budget crisis today. It looks like the teachers are going to pay the price again. We knew it would be bad but this is worse than anyone expected. Our health benefits are being cut in half! That amounts to over $400 less a month we'll be seeing now. Lisa and I have been making a lot of cuts lately, but it looks like pre-school is pretty much a thing of the past now for James. Plus, I'll be having to teach summer school and Lisa will probably pick up some extra work. I'm pretty sure we'll have to sell the house too. Fortunately, there are a lot of low-rent apartments right around my school. Sandra and Lex have said that we can have Ashley's room after she goes to college. We'll probably be buying a lot more lottery tickets from now on. We've hit 2 out of 6 quite a few times so we figure any day now....

Isn't God great??? He packed so many extra things into His creation. I love that He created (most of) us with a sense of humor!

3 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

You know the interesting part of my reading that? I believed it all. And the part I was most upset about was that James couldn't stay in pre-school.

So now...don't you feel bad?

You can have Ashley's room but remember you share a wall with Lex and I. ;)

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Don't take this the wrong way, darling sister, but...ew!

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just happened upon your blog and loved reading what you have to say, especially about worship. I'll come visit again! April 1 is my husband's favorite "holiday" - good to find another jokester.
Amy - no, not THE Amy Grant (sorry!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters