Monday, March 28, 2005

Celebrating the Son

Yesterday was just amazing!

Our Easter service was a powerful time of celebration of Christ and meditating on what He did and does. The songs blended with the messages which blended with the communion time. Everything meshed so well and the theme of the morning was "proclaiming the truth of Jesus." The Holy Spirit is such a good worship minister, isn't He?

Later, the whole family (minus Miss Ashley who had to miss on account of playing Carnegie Hall...sheesh...the nerve) came over for James' 4th birthday party. We all had such fun being together. I hear from my students how so many families are, thrust together by genes, spending their time together in hurtful words and awkward silence. God has blessed us with a family that just loves each other and loves being together. James had a great time and was SO good! It was a Spider-Man party and he got Spider-Man presents and Lisa made a Spider-Man cake and we all watched Spider-Man. MAN, it was cool!

I am so grateful...SO grateful...for God's Son. And for mine.

Next Sunday is opening day. Or, I should say, Opening Day. I can't wait. My goal for this baseball season is to finally brainwash my son into saying the Angels are his favorite team. This Red Sox nonsense needs to stop. Seriously.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

It was such a good day yesterday. I thought James was very good, too. The party was fun but relaxed...which I think helped him.

Now if we could just keep you from forcing your baseball views on him, we'll be in good shape. ;) Go Yankees!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters