Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Type A Christian

If you had to identify me as a Type A or Type B kinda guy, you probably wouldn't have to spend too much time with me to decide on the former. I get teased about things like...my very neat desk at work, my alphabetized CD collection, the knee-jerk way I straighten pictures, and so on. I'm actually a lot less Type A than I used to be, but parts of it (the parts I embrace) will never go away.

I think I bring my Type A-ness into my walk with God too. I have finally given up my pursuit of knowing and understanding everything about the Bible and God. But I still find myself trying to make sense of everything. One of the reasons I started this blog was to help me work things out in my own head. I have LOTS of questions...questions about faith, prayer, morality, relationship between man and God. From time to time these questions get answered. Sometimes the answers change. More often I learn to be okay with not knowing.

I'll never stop searching after these answers and I don't think God wants me to. He wants us to earnestly seek Him. But He also wants us to accept His perfect power and control. I don't think there's anything wrong with being a Type A Christian, or a Type B or C for that matter. He accepts us--and uses us--just as we are.

As I get older and fewer things are actually under my control, it gets pretty easy to not care as much about the little things. I set out to do a 3 paragraph blog 5 times a week. Well, that's not going to happen. I'm learning that it's helpful to write about the spiritual stuff...and it's fun to write about baseball and life. But (putting thumb to thumb with forefingers extended) whatever. If this whole blog idea ever expands to a local community, as I'm starting to hope it does, I'll actually get some input on what works. I'm seeing a real value in keeping in touch and floating ideas through this little venue. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters