Monday, February 28, 2005

The Aura of Expectancy

Yesterday during communion, Aaron Watson mentioned that we had already had one baptism that morning, and he expected we would have more. All he meant was that he knew there was another (double) baptism coming later in the morning. But what I heard...and what most of us heard...was that we shouldn't be surprised if more people put on Christ as a result of our current focus on evangelism. It really made me think about my attitude towards our study, towards prayer, towards the work God does in people's lives. Why wouldn't we expect God to stir us up? Why wouldn't He answer our prayers about showing others who Jesus is? Why would we even bother teaching evangelism unless we truly expect people to respond? I am so excited to see how some are embracing this opportunity to change lives. My sincerest prayer is that it doesn't end in a few weeks when we move on from our series; that we all continue to build relationships, pray together, encourage each other on in the work God has set before us. Praise God for the 3 new creations we met yesterday. Pray that there are many more to come.

Moral dilemma for the day: Wednesday the first spring training game of the year will be televised. I'm sooo tired from a full working weekend. Wednesday's workday consists of nothing more than just giving these newly mandated benchmark tests to two periods. Don't wanna go, don't wanna, don't wanna. I'd really rather stay home, sleep in, get up and watch a ball game (a BALL GAME!), and rest that day. What will I do? Stay tuned.

Lisa was gone most of the day Saturday and James wanted to play all day. He took a nap for about an hour but otherwise he just won't play by himself when I'm home. I had to finish my lesson and do my powerpoint presentation that day, neither of which got done until after he went to bed. Sunday was a full day of preaching, teaching, and meeting before collapsing on the couch around 3:00. I have a stack of AP tests to grade, no lesson plan for Calculus tomorrow, and no plans for Alg. II beyond Wednesday. It's hard to put your nose to the grindstone when it's already ground to a nub. So, I guess I should probably get back to work now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters