Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Book of Life

John Donne: "For in the Book of Life, the name of Mary Magdalen was as soon recorded, for all her incontinency, as the name of the blessed Virgin, for all her integrity; and the name of St. Paul, who drew his sword against Christ, as soon as St. Peter, who drew his in defence of him: for the Book of Life was not written successively, word after word, line after line, but delivered as a Print, all together." You can't earn your way into the Book. Your name is...get this...already there!

Pitchers and catchers report in a week. A week. Just time enough for the Angels to surprise us all with their acquisition of a great pitcher. Who? I don't know...that's why it's going to be such a surprise.

James is still a bit scratched up but none the worse for wear in spite of his face plant. He and Lisa (and Grammie and Hannah) are going to Disney on Ice tonight while I start the small group study at Kyle and Judy's. I have high hopes for the study tonight. I need to just listen, take notes, and let the people there write my sermons for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters