Monday, January 31, 2005

Delta

Yesterday's lesson on evangelism went better than I anticipated. And isn't that always the way? That when God wants something to succeed, it will, in spite of my best efforts! There was some great conversation during class that sprung from the sermon and I heard the same was true in other classes as well. And one sweet woman even told me that she felt a load had been lifted off of her that she's carried around for years. What pressure we've put on ourselves to share Jesus' love with other people. The truth is, if we just live our lives bathed in that love, the opportunities to share our faith will just rain down on us right and left! I think, as usual, I may get more out of teaching this stuff than anyone else gets from listening.

We are entering the dead time for baseball. The deals are almost all done...there is still a month or so until pitchers and catchers report...and there isn't much to talk about. I officially handed over the Commisioner's reins for the Hold 'Em League to Kevin last night. I hope we can get a few more guys to join us.

I'm sick again...it's been off and on for a couple of months. This time, I may even go see a doctor. I think everyone's getting tired of hearing me cough all the time. Tonight, James and I are going to a Father/son dinner at Mountain View. It will be fun to have some outside-the-house time with him. I love showing him off. He's so sweet and so well-behaved most of the time. I'm just an incredibly proud dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters