Thursday, January 27, 2005

Beta

Last night's meeting turned into 3 meetings. I don't deal well with excuses and so I find myself disappointed with some of my brothers and sisters. But it was easier than I expected to put those things behind me and focus on the powerful results that God could work through this series on evangelism. If a single person comes to know Him as a result of this study, then there is no amount of frustration that wouldn't be worth it. I also came away from last night with a profound respect and even greater love for my brother Robert Gonzalez. What a tremendous guy!

Over the off-season, the Red Sox, Cardinals, and Angels have worked out an unintentional three-way trade of shortstops. The Cards ended up with--by far--the best deal of the three by landing David Eckstein. He is not as good offensively as the other two, but not very much worse. The others have better gloves too. But given how much less he is earning and what a fantastic clubhouse influence he is, Eckstein is easily the best value. The fans in St. Louis, who embraced Rex Hudler when he was just a utility guy there, are going to LOVE Eck. He's a good Christian guy who plays his heart out and loves the game of baseball. I'm going to miss him.

Last night, James slept all night wearing undies! No diaper...no pullup! He was so proud of himself this morning and we are going to Boomer's next week to celebrate. The best part is, now Mommy and Daddy can keep sleeping in the morning after he wakes up around 6:15. Woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters