Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Alpha

What do you say in a blog nobody's ever going to read?

This should be a 3 paragraph extravaganza each and every day. Paragraph 1 will forevermore be the BIBLE stuff: church, study, sermons, classes, and my own personal walk. Paragraph 2 will be the BASEBALL stuff: who did what, history, general thoughts, and what's up with the Anaheim Angels...or whatever they're calling themselves that day. The last paragraph will cover everything else. Today is the obvious exception to the 3 paragraph rule.

I just finished reading "Going Public with Your Faith," the book that our upcoming pulpit series is based on. Sunday, I will be giving the introductory lesson. Tonight a few of us will meet to pray for the series. I have a number of concerns about the worship committee: are people getting their jobs done...can we communicate with each other...will the deacons be a hindrance? I hope tonight I can be prayerful and positive, expressing my concerns but prioritizing my love for these men and women and the importance of teaching evangelism to the church.

Carlos Delgado is a Marlin. That sounds weird. I'm glad though. I like the Marlins and don't like the Braves and I think this makes it a race. I read an article this morning about how the Angels new centerfielder, Steve Finley, stays in shape. At 40, he's expected to step into the CF spot and show off his gold glove, while hitting 5th or 6th in the order and batting in 100. At 40, I hurt when I get out of bed.

Lisa leaves tomorrow for another conference. It will be nice to have more alone time with James, but it will be another weekend (following the ZOE conference last weekend) of little sleep. I need to catch up soon.

I guess what I said isn't true. Somebody IS going to read this blog. Me.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters