Tuesday, February 01, 2005

"A wife of noble character..."

"...who can find?" Proverbs 31 came to mind last night during some study and again this morning as I read Brandon's blog. I thought I'd list some of the ways it reminds me of MY wife. "Her husband has full confidence in her...she brings him good...and works with eager hands...she provides food for her family...her trading is profitable...she opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy...she is clothed with strength and dignity...she speaks with wisdom...she watches over the affairs of her household...her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her...a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." I love you, Lisa.

Nolan Ryan has been holding a pitching camp for the Astros. What a teacher! It got me wondering how many of today's players will be this kind of hero by the time they retire. I saw an article yesterday about a fundraiser that Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez both participated in. They charged people $7500 for private conversations with them. Each raised over two million dollars. A-Rod gave his money to the Boys and Girls Club of Miami. Bonds redecorated his house. No kidding. One of the reasons I love the Angels is because I think most (if not all) of their players can be respected, looked up to. I'll take a hero over an MVP any day.

James had fun at our dinner last night. We had tri-tip, french fries, and salad...and got to eat with our hands! The theme was medieval and there were sword fights, dragons, and puppet shows. The Mountain View staff worked hard and impressed me by being at work on a Monday night. Another reason to love my church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters