Friday, March 11, 2005

The Busy-ness of the Kingdom

I hope that it will be rare to have weeks when I only make a couple of blog entries. This week has been the very definition of BUSY. That's only funny because Lisa and I spent so much time talking about how busy LAST week was. Easter Vacation is coming up quick and so the end of the third quarter. I've had tons of papers to grade and many many meetings with the new "Benchmark Team" at Sunnyside. The AP test is approaching far too quickly and I'm trying my best to figure out how to find the volume of solids of revolution. Meanwhile, our "Going Public With Your Faith" series wraps up on Sunday and I'm trying to plan a meaningful lesson and tie a bow on the whole thing at the same time. I'm really excited about Sunday and hopeful that we embrace the concept of making evangelism a part of our regular Christian thought process. Lisa is out of town for the weekend and I'm taking care of an incredibly active "almost 4 year old" and, well, quite frankly, I'm beat.

Through it all, as Sandra said in her blog, I am in constant prayer for the Backowski's. I can't imagine what they are going through having Eli in the hospital after falling out of a 2nd story window. But it makes the busy days absolutely pale in comparison.

James and I bought a whiffle ball and bat today and he hit the first pitch I tossed him. We had a lot of fun playing outside and taking some long walks today in the warm March weather. But I just can't help but think about Eli when I see how energetic James is. My prayer is that he will be little worse for the wear after all is said and done. And it reinforces what I've been feeling about this blog world becoming more public. If we had everybody praying the way that Brandon does for his friend Jonathan and others, how would that help Eli? I know that it certainly couldn't hurt.

82 degrees in Fresno today. Tossing a ball to my son. An actual Angels game (albeit spring training) on TV tomorrow. Life is good. But God, oh God, please be with Eli.

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor kid! My thoughts will be with him.

Thank you for your kind comments in my blog!

Tina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters