Saturday, March 19, 2005

Spring Break

...or, as it used to be called, Easter Vacation.

The internet has been down all over Fresno Unified this week and it has severely messed up my routine. For one thing, I seldom have enough peace and quiet to post at home. So that explains the lack of blogging this week. But it's Saturday morning...James is at Cody's house watching the Bionicles...Lisa is proctoring at Fresno State...Bach is playing in the background...and I can actually think. Ahhhh.

Tomorrow is Friend's Day at College Church. Maybe I'll be disappointed but I really expect a large crowd tomorrow. Doug and Steve will be the main speakers and it looks like the Praise Team is pulling out all the stops. I know it seems as though we are trying to impress our guests but I think a better way of looking at it is that we are introducing ourselves. Of course we want to put our best foot forward when we are meeting people for the first time. What's wonderful is knowing that we have such a great group of believers assembled in that place and the people that stick around and get to know us will really like what they see. I think there are many people looking for a place like College, a place where the emphasis is on loving God and loving each other. That gets lost sometimes on those of us who see more of the inner workings, but the bottom line is that those two commandments dictate who we are and how we act towards others. It's a Spirit-filled group and my prayer this week is that people see that and want it for themselves.

I don't think I'll go to work this week. I think I'll...oh...celebrate James' 4th birthday tomorrow (!)...play some golf when it's not raining...do some work around the house...watch some spring training baseball...read...relax...spend some time with Lisa...and do as little Calculus as humanly possible. At least I THINK that's what I'll do. Let's see.

1 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

I'm so glad you get some time off. I hope you get your fill of James and golf and baseball and Lisa. Sometimes we get time and it slips through our fingers like sand and we feel cheated. I hope your week proves different for you.

I'm excited tonight, too, for Friends Day tomorrow. I'm excited about the singing and the baptism and the message and the general "here we are...how do you like us?" attitude.

Rain or no rain, puddles, wet grass, whatever...satan can't stop this good thing from happening. He's scared.

James will have baseball cupcakes delivered to his class via his cousins. It's good to be 4! You should celebrate all day long! Heck...let's celebrate that little guy all week!

Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters