Monday, March 14, 2005

Glimpses of ZOE

C.S. Lewis defines Zoe as "the Spiritual life that is in God from all eternity, and which made the whole natural universe." He compares the difference between the natural life we all know (Bios) and the Spiritual life we know about (Zoe) to the difference between a man and the statue of a man. God begat Jesus and thus Jesus is God. But God made man and thus man is of a different nature. But someday, we look forward to becoming new creations. "Made" becomes "begat." Children of men become children of God. The statue comes to life.

This resonates with me today because I feel that I caught some glimpses of Zoe this weekend. I believe that if we are in tune with the Spirit, we will occasionally see things with the eye of the new creation. I got to step around in heaven the last couple of days. That may explain why I'm in such a good mood.

Yesterday was a day-long worship experience. I was so pleased with the conclusion of our series on sharing our faith. Sandra and the worship team did an incredible job. I get excited by being in tune with people and seeing the Spirit at work. She and I are often on that wavelength. 3 different elders at 3 different times lifted me up to that place as well. Arthur Wint (prayer time and comments), Steve Foster (communion that was PERFECT and conversation), and Aaron Watson (class and a discussion later that day) all showed me a bright future here on earth and beyond. I'm excited about where the church is heading, and I mean that locally and globally. God is at work and the Spirit is alive.

If that wasn't enough, James and I had such a great father-and-son weekend. The pinnacle came on Friday afternoon when he hit the first whiffle ball his dad pitched to him right back up the middle. He'll be 4 on Sunday, but he's got all the makings of a Darin Erstad right in his sweet little body. Can ya tell? Life is good.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

You did an excellent job on Sunday with your message. It wasn't really your message, though, which is why it was so good!

The morning was beautiful for so many reasons. I'm so thankful for the time and energy you have put into delivering God's heart and message to the church. You've done a very good job.

I hope we all can find moments where we see glimpses of heaven every day.

I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters