Sunday, March 20, 2005

4 Years Old!

James is 4 today!

Lisa and I were talking in bed last night...it was late, around 1:15...about what we were doing exactly one year earlier. It was just about that time that she told me her back was aching and had been aching on and off for a few hours. That's right, "on and off," as in "intermittently," as in (and she will admit this and we laugh about it) "having contractions." We were scheduled to induce the next morning anyway so they already had a room ready for us when we showed up a few hours early. Lisa was amazing during 8 or so hours of labor and then we had our baby boy.

Everybody talks about how fast time flies with your kids. I agree, but I've always been more of one to dwell on how precious they are at each fleeting moment. Lisa is that way too. Every age that James has been has been our favorite. 4 is the best age yet. He is such an awesome kid. Sometimes when we get after him about something, he'll laugh and say, "Oh. Sorry." He is so playful and God has given him tremendous health. I can count on one hand the number of times he's been sick and he gets over it so fast. He's polite to everyone, including other kids. I once saw a kid push James out of the way so he could get to a toy and James smiled and said, "Excuse me," before going to find a different toy. He's become more of a snuggler lately and says "I love you" without provocation. He's working on his patience but show me a 4-year-old who isn't. Today at lunch he was making funny faces for us and just killing. He likes to blow kisses and give "fall down hugs." He loves the Teen Titans and the Justice League...he also SAYS he loves the Red Sox, but we're working on that.

I just can't tell you how much I love this kid and how proud I am of him. I can't wait to see what kind of man he's going to grow up into...but I am so happy for every second I get to spend with the 4-year-old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters