Monday, October 20, 2008

Good Signs

Yesterday I preached about the inclusivity and unity of the church and only received one angry phone call. So that's a good sign, right?

Yesterday the Red Sox lost and the Rays advanced to the World Series. So that's a good sign, right?

Today my students are all studying hard and seemingly concerned with passing Wednesday's quiz. So that's a good sign, right?

This weekend my son played Lego Indiana Jones, watched Star Wars Clone Wars, and looked at pictures from the upcoming Star Trek movie with me. So that's a really good sign.

Right?

7 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Was the angry phone caller angry over being "included?"

Who would have ever "thunk" it? In the same sentence - Rays and World Series!

I think tha is a good sign.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

I think it was more the "including."

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Mayor of Blakersfield said...

The only reason you got only one angry phone call is because I was too lazy to pick up the phone. hahahaha Did you remember to give the website person your sermon notes, so we get all the scripture references?

Did your son have FUN doing and watching those things with you because if he did then thats a good sign. If not, then maybe you need to go back to the hospital and see if you have the right child. :o)

Go rAy'S! ;o)

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Sounds like good signs to me. Of course, it also sounds like you're brainwashing your son a little, but that's OK.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes, and...most definitely: yes. Nothing brings me more joy than to watch my kiddos embrace the same geek-ish-ness that has made me who I am today.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

All good signs.........

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there to hear your sermon, because you KNOW how I feel about the "exclusivity" of our faith heritage. But if I HAD been there, I would have applauded and "amen-ed" your message. It's a long-overdue, unspoken subject, and I'm sure you were very courageous to present what seems to be something all need to HEAR, and not just think about...silently.

Only one angry call? Then, ya musta done good!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters