Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy 10th!

On 10/10, Lisa and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary. As big a math nerd as I am, I promise that I didn't plan that. It just worked out that way. So in 10 days (!) we will share a nice evening together, followed by a weekend at the coast, followed next month by a week-long cruise.

Today, I celebrated a different 10th anniversary. The 2008/2009 school year marks the tenth birthday of Sunnyside High School. Today there was a special lunch to honor those of us who were here when the doors opened. There were some fun things planned, but nothing more important than the time devoted to sitting with fellow teachers and reminiscing about the past decade. We shared pictures, stories, favorite (and least favorite) students, and generally had a wonderful time for 35 minutes until the bell rang.

Sunnyside is still a special place. Like every school, we have our problems. But there has always been a high level of respect shown here for teachers and for what we do. It was very nice to have some time today to reflect on that.

6 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Swan Man said...

You should have waited 2 more years to get married so your 10th anniversary would have been on 10/10/10! Or not...

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger stephruns said...

happy anniversary 10 days early!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Brady said...

ditto on the congrats, math nerd.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

You are the perfect 10 math nerd! Congrats to you and Lisa as well as to your school.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

This was almost math overload for me, but I was able to hang in there wichya. Congrats on a decade together!!

It's good to work where you are appreciated for what you do. Had I gone through your high school, I'm fairly certain my name would have been brought up by teachers of the math department ... and not in a good way!

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the 10th, Happy Anniversary to one of the most admirable couples I know! Ya know I love you both dearly!

Having never gone to a "new school", I really can't relate...my HS was VERY old...ivy-covered brick walls and lots of sycamore trees. And MY Algebra teacher had been there since my mom and dad attended...everyone adored him. But I still did better in Geometry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters