Thursday, October 02, 2008

0-1

Lackey made one bad pitch.
Bay made one great swing.
Ellsbury made one great catch.
Youkilis made one great play.
Vladdy made one dumb mistake.

And I've got that famliar October feeling again.

It ain't over, but I think Friday's game is a huge one for this franchise. A win rights the ship and gives us confidence that the best team in baseball can go all the way. A loss makes a sweep in Fenway a necessity, and possibly gives the front office the idea that all the spending just isn't paying off.

This is going to be an important off-season for the Angels. They have contract decisions to make on Anderson and Rivera, and they have to decide whether to offer K-Rod and Teixeira crazy money. I think they can sign Anderson for less and let Rivera and K-Rod go. But this team needs Tex. A one-and-done postseason gives a lot of people a lot of reasons not to sign him.

Am I putting to much stock in one game?

Nope.

5 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

One thing about baseball and the post-season whether it's high school, college, or the MLB. More times than not its not the team with the best record but rather the team that's hot as the post-season starts.

I don't know if that helps or hurts but I've been on both sides of "old Mo"-mentum.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

You recently commented on a post of mine, "I’ve been so very happy since I gave up my pursuit of alphaness."

May I say I've been so very happy since I found life outside of sports!

Not a personal attack ... just want to encourage you to see beyond the post-season. This comes from a Braves fan who no longer even knows why they bother to have a post-season! Why have it if the Braves are not in it? That's all I'm asking.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just waiting for hockey to start!!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Bless your heart!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I couldn't have this between us any longer and wanted to tell you blog to blog that I'm rooting for Boston.

Can we still be friends?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters