Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Archive Strolling

Every now and then, I like to stroll through the archives of this blog. Sometimes I'll do it by searching for a particular word or phrase. More often, I'll check back to see what was happening in earlier years on or around this same date. I did that yesterday, September 30, 2008. I found some interesting things:

September 26, 2007:

It's looking like the 2 best teams in baseball are going to square off in a 5-game series to open the playoffs. This still bugs me. I admit the need for the extra round of games, the Wild Card makes it necessary, and I happen to like the Wild Card. But it doesn't seem fair when the fate of the two best teams is decided by a best-3-out-of-5.
Tonight, 2 of the best teams in baseball (props to the Rays and Cubbies) square off in Anaheim. The Angels won 100 games for the first time in franchise history this year. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention that ESPN's pick to win the West, Seattle, lost 100 games, thus becoming the first member of the 100/100 club: 100 Losses, $100+ million payroll.

The 3-out-of-5 format still frustrates, but I like our chances. The Angels went 8-1 this year against the Red Sox, including a sweem at Fenway. Also, Manny is whooping it up in Dodgertown, while Teixeira is giving much-needed protection to Vladdy. Angels in 4.

September 30, 2005:

Listened to (not watched, mind you, but listened to) my Angels clinch the West for the second straight year. They were playing the A's so the game was blacked out here since, you know, Fresno is in the Bay Area. ... How much would I LOVE to get back to the Series??? Angels/Cards anyone?
As a life-long Angels fan, it's been great seeing my team in the playoffs 5 out of the past 7 years. It's a recurring theme I'm getting used to. Now, of course, we expect to win. Anything less than a World Series appearance will be disappointing. Another World Championship and this blog will write itself for the rest of 2008.

Also in the same blog post was this:

Met with some men I respect a lot who are trying to work on ways to get a pulpit minister again at College. We've been without one for almost ten years now and it's time.
College has officially made an offer to hire a pulpit minister. This, mind you, three years after this entry. I still feel that a full-time minister is best. But I have to admit that the past three years have changed how I feel about preaching. I'm excited for the future of the church, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss it. I'll still have opportunities, but certainly not as often.

Okay, enough reminiscing. If you don't mind too much, please root for the Angels. Remember, in the Bible, the angels are the good guys.

2 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Just for you-------Go Angels! :) I hope it all turns out the way you want it to!!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Post-post comment:
You are in my prayers my Angel Fan brother. How did the Red Sox win that game last night? I'm whipping out my personal "Rally Monkey" for game 2.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters