Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Beach and Back Again

Lisa and I both got nasty colds for our anniversary. Wow, thanks! We went to the coast anyway because we figured we could be sick as easily there as here. It was beautiful and we had a time. Not a bad time, not a great time...a time. James had fun digging holes in the sand and we enjoyed watching him. Still, the beach isn't as pretty through kleenex.

I missed a couple of days of work and find myself scrambling to catch up now. I'm preaching Sunday for the first time in a few months and really looking forward to it. Next week holds the real challenge. I'll be preaching again and I'll have a paper due Thursday. I've been staying ahead though, so I'm not too worried. Still, if I'm not very blogalicious for a while, you'll know why.

4 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

I remember a trip to the beach with a cold. Being, myself, miserable, I tried not to make everybody else the same.......but I'm not sure I succeeded. Hope you're both feeling better.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

"blogalicious "
I love that word. I'm sorry you and Lisa were both too "blowalicious" when it came to your colds. Good luck on the paper and the sermon.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Mayor of Blakersfield said...

I can't wait to hear you on Sunday, but please no reference to the Angels (unless its the ones in the Bible) or mathematical equations...because its Sunday morning and we haven't had our donut and coffee yet. ;o)

I hope you and Lisa are feeling better.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best place to be while suffering from a cold...the beach! Soothing saline provided in the air! Much better than "Ocean Nasal Spray", maybe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters