Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Gentle Reminder

If I were to believe everything I read in newspapers and magazines, I would think that Barack Obama was the greatest thing to happen to America since the founding fathers.

If I were to believe everything I saw in some videos I've recently been sent or have seen posted on blogs, I would think that Barack Obama was the antichrist.

I'm sure that the truth lies somewhere in between.

I tend to stay away from the incredibly divisive topic of politics on this blog. I love all y'all and I know full well that you have widely differing views. I don't even leave comments on other blogs (usually) when they are of a political nature. And, this year especially, I find myself idealogically far away from some of the people I love the most. So I doubt if I'll be saying much more as November approaches. I simply want to mention this:

Let's all enter the exciting and frightening political season before us with open eyes, ears, and minds.

6 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

I wrote about this on my blog two years ago in November..."I've posted in the past that I try to think the best of people. I don't think "the government" is out to get us, and I think that people on both ends of the political spectrum sincerely want to do what they perceive is right for this country. Perhaps those who become overwrought about politics forget (or don't truly know) whose we are, the Kingdom of our permanent residency, and who is ultimately in charge. I pray for the leaders of our nation, but I'm rarely keyed up over politics."

Yeah, that still works for me.

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fence rider!
But seriously...politics have gotten ugly. Its good to pause, step back, and realize that we all want the best for this country, the world, and all people in general. At least I believe that should be our take as representatives of HIM.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I feel you Bro when it comes to politics. Hey, is Ralph Nader running again? Must not let the darn Corvairs back on the road.

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you Steve...

I think we all have two responsibilities...one, to pray for this nation during this election year, and two, to VOTE!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

I'm hardly a fence rider - I've got some strong opinions and beliefs, I just don't post 'em for the interwebs to scrutinize. The anonymity of the web makes people quite opinionated, don't you think?

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Steve, thanks for putting some things in perspective for me. I appreciate being reminded......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters