Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School

Tomorrow is my first day of school. I haven't been this excited in a long time.

Seminary presents a lot of challenges. There is a LOT of reading. There are writing assignments. There is a lot of time that must be invested. Our biggest challenge will be the tuition. It's one thing to trust that God will provide, to know that I'm following His will in this and that He will be faithful. It's another thing entirely to plan a budget around $4000 a year that doesn't exist.

Still, given all that, I can't wait for class to start. I can't even express how much I look forward to discussing these books with other students. And, to add to the excitement, God has designed it so that my friend Jim will be taking my first class with me.

I'm sure that the product of my study will show up in this blog. I know I run the risk of going overboard with how much I share here. I trust y'all will let me know when enough is enough and it's just time to share funny pictures of James again.

Our first book is called "The Realm of the Reign" and was written by Ben Witherington. It discusses the kingdom language of the Bible, a topic I recently have been teaching on. Witherington wonders whatever happened to Kingdomtide and, as someone who never even heard the term before, I'm wondering right along with him.

Tomorrow's the first day of school. It can't come soon enough.

4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

I have been, and will continue praying for this new adventure God is taking you on. I know He has great things planned!

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh, the things you will learn...!"
I've heard that making "career-changes in ones 40's are significant...but for you, this is a "calling". Never fear...God WILL make this happen! I can't wait for you to share everything with us!

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

I'm so glad to know you are following God's leading in this and am excited for you. I will pray along with you and look forward to learning what you're learning. :)

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

That is exciting. I remember (vaguely) my first day at Harding Graduate School of Religion in Memphis ... only I was living in North Alabama, so I had to leave the house about 4am and drive for three and a half hours, returning home that night when the last class was out ... usually about 9:45. I would get home in the early morning hours but those were great years for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters