Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm 37!


Okay, I'm not 37. That's just a line from my favorite sequence of one of my favorite movies, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."

King Arthur approaches a man who is rooting around in the mud. He says, "Old woman!" And, after establishing that he is actually a man, he says, "I'm 37!" Arthur asks, "What?" And he says...

"I'm 37! I'm not old!"

For some reason, that's the line that comes to me every time I start feeling...well...old.

A few weeks ago, it was the stray hairs growing from my ear lobes. "What?" you ask. "Hair growing from ear lobes?" Yes. Apparently that happens.

Then it was my son asking me what those two holes in my head were. After some discussion, it was discovered that he was talking about the areas high and to the left and right on my forehead where hair used to be.

Today it was the trip to the eye doctor.

For the record, they are not bifocals. They are progressive lenses.

10 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Do you have alien antennae old man eyebrow hairs too? 'Cause that would be cool.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

A friend of mine once told me those hairs grow from the ears, eyebrows, and nose to remind us that we are really not the stud we think we are! At least for now you are still young enough to enjoy your state of denial.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Wendy, I find that question tasteless and offensive.

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy, don't listen to Steve. I make him let me pluck those!!!

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

King of De Nile...what a beautiful thing!!

Next he'll be saying that his sudden hair growth is the latest "style".

But, Lisa, think of all the neat grooming "tools" you can bestow on him for gifts now!!

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Ah, the wonderful world of the 40's. In a few months I'll be in 50 land. Here's to all of the nose and ear trimming for you.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

You know, just the other day I read on a Fresno forum about there being a Man Spa here in Fresno. Because I didn't think I would need to retain that information, I forgot the name. But I'd be happy to look it up for you if you like. :)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Bifocals, I mean progressive lenses, aren't fatal! :)

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Progressive lenses huh? I'm ordering a pair for every person I know in church leadership!

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy...best comment of the year so far!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters