Monday, June 16, 2008

Best. Father's. Day. Ever.

Yesterday, after a challenging sermon from Brandon, the dedication of sweet baby Luke, and great news from one of our Shepherding Group members, we stopped at Teriyaki Don for some spicy, crispy, teriyaki chicken. Yum.

While eating it (yum), I watched the Fresno State Bulldogs destroy Rice in the College World Series.

Then I settled in for a day at the US Open, cheering Tiger on the whole way. His left knee was still gimpy so he didn't put it away. But he did even better...he forced an 18 hole playoff and assured that my first Monday of Summer Vacation would be filled with awesomeness. I just finished watching him win his 14th Major after 19 holes. Props to Rocco.

(By the way, yesterday marks the first day I have ever heard the phrase "mad props" uttered from the pulpit. Brandon, if you're reading, I love you, man.)

After the Open, I flipped over to ESPN Sunday Night Baseball and watched the Angels beat the Braves in high definition.

From there, it was over to the NBA Finals to see the Lakers extend the Championship in the final minutes.

Seriously, does it get any better than that?? I don't see any way to top that in 2009. I really don't.

4 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Bro - I'm glad you felt you went "4 for 4." I would say it was more of a "3 for 4" day since I'm an old Celtic fan. What about Kobe's non-foul foul? That swipe from behind is almost always and automatic call, even if you get all boy.

O.K., enough whining on my part. I'm glad you had a 4 for 4 day.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

Well, let me suggest a way to "top that" if I may. Had the Braves swept the Angels and had the Celtics finished off the Lakers, that would have topped it!! This is subject to debate, but it is truth.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Glad your summer vacation started in such a fabulous way!

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to ask my kids to define "props" or "mad props" so I won't embarrass myself for such lack of lingo knowledge.

You probably know now what is ailing Tiger...which makes that Monday triumph even more amazing! Most people couldn't even walk with all that.

Brandon's sermon? Awesome!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters