Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What I'm Doing Tonight


Tonight is the last time in my life I will sit on the concrete in front of a movie theater and wait for hours to see a movie that won't end until 2:30 AM.

At least I think it is.

This is the only movie left for which I literally can't wait. All the other sequels to come, all the Batman's and Harry Potter's and Avengers what-nots...well, it's not that I won't be excited but...I can wait.

So unless there's an Indy V (which Lucas is making noise about but, c'mon...Ford's doing great for 65 but I'm thinking this oughtta be the last time he's trusted with the whip) or a Star Wars VII (which given the quality of the last three still probably won't get me all that worked up) or a filmography of my life (I'm thinking Pitt or Clooney in the lead role)...this is it.

Review to follow.




5 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

One of these days you'll be closer to Ford's age (and mine) and you'll be far more content to see the movie the second week it's our or just wait and get it on DVD ... or whatever the technology will be when you get Ford's age or my age!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Meowmix said...

You must be VERY young! :) I wouldn't sit on the concrete in front of a movie theater and wait for hours to see Clooney or Pitt in PERSON!!!!!!!! I hope it's worth the wait.............

:)

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Mayor of Blakersfield said...

Are you going to dressed up? If so, go with Indiana Jones attire and avoid the Nazi costume...it will lead to a bad impression. Don't post spoilers in your follow up review or I will be very upset with you on Sunday! I may even boo your sermon, even if I actually liked it. hahaha Have fun, Steve!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Bro - With all due respect to Greg, don't listen to him. It is acts such as the one you're doing, waiting outside for hours for a soon to be released movie that gives spice to life.

Man, Indy is 65! Wow.

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, HEY...anything CLOSE to 65 rocks! But I'll bet Indy knocked down a ton of Motrin while making this film.

Did j'all know that crystal skulls really do exist? Saw them on a History Channel program...if it's on that channel, you have to believe it, no? Ya got some really interesting "New-Agers" using them for... whatever. It was said that there are 7 of them in a private collection.

I agree - no sitting on sidewalk for Clooney or Pitt...Matt Damon? Oh yeah!! I'm waiting for "The Jason Bourne Legacy".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters