Thursday, May 01, 2008

Jim Rhodes

Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes is Tony Stark's best friend and will be played by Terrence Howard in the big "Iron Man" movie that opens tomorrow. If the movies follow the storyline of the comics (and given recent trends, I'm sure they will), then keep an eye on Rhodey. I'd say more, but I try to keep the ol' blog spoiler-free.

Hey, Juan just walked in late. What a shock.

Brooke White is a lovely girl. Vociferous, but charming. And it was time for her to go. I loved her "We'll stay as long as we can" line.

Neil Diamond week was a kick for me. I'm not too proud to admit that I loves me some Neil. I have, in fact, seen him in concert a few times and it's always a good show. I'm not so crazy about his easy listening stuff (read: everything from "The Jazz Singer" until now), but he is responsible for some great rock & roll. I first saw him live (at The Greek Theater no less) some 20 years ago or so, and even then I was mostly there for his oldies. If they were oldies 20 years ago, what does that make them now? When does a song officially become a "golden oldie?"

I'm officially rooting for David Cook now. I still like Archuleta, but once that comb-over got tamed, Cook really came alive, didn't he?

One last thing. As a high school teacher, I am not the least bit surprised that Jason Castro is still in the competition. Oy, the swooning.

7 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

That Castro and Archuleta are still viable is evidence (IMHO) that America cares more about appearance than vocal quality.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

I like Neil Diamond, too. And I remember when his oldies were new hits! :)

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three late slips already today. On Wednesday there were six...so I guess we are improving!?
Also, it always seems like Castro is adamently interested, by the use of his eyebrows. Have you noticed the excessive use of the brow raise?

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Mayor of Blakersfield said...

From my understanding and assuming the movie does well...as it should...you will see the more familiar side of Rhodes. Terrence is a good actor too.

Castro needs to go. I don't get why people like him. No offense to the guy himself, but he is not as great as the judges make him out to be, most of the nights.

Are you doing these blogs at work?

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger twinmommy said...

Check it out, Steve.

http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/Iron-Man/1808411893/#info

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Yes, I like Neil Diamond as well. Makes me want to break out into "Sweet Caroline."

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Brady said...

I remember you wrote a post about Neil Diamond. I can understand a bit, but it's still just a little sad.

And no one said a word, not even the chair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters