Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday in Maui


We arrived Saturday and checked into a teeny-tiny hotel room in Maui. We immediately made up for the early wake-up time by sleeping some three to four hours, despite the fact that the beautiful Pacific Ocean lay just a few steps from our room.

We dined at Tommy Bahama's that night and I wish I'd ordered the sea bass. Lisa ordered the sea bass and it was so much better than my steak that I tried numerous times to spear it from her plate, but had only fork marks in the back of my hand to show for it. It was, hands down, the best fish I've ever tasted. After a little shopping we made our way back to the hotel room and crashed.

Sunday morning we went next door to the Five Palms grill and had perhaps the best breakfast I've ever had. I decided, as I downed my bacon and eggs, that this trip would be full of superlatives. Later we took a helicopter ride over West Maui and were just amazed at the beauty of God's creation. We enjoyed a cheeseburger in paradise that night and (I must admit) went back to the room to watch Parvati win $1,000,000 as the sole Survivor. We were _not_ pleased.


This morning we checked out of our teeny-tiny hotel room and eventually found ourselves at the Fairmont Hotel where our room was somewhat bigger. Actually, much bigger. Actually, it's a suite that is luxuriously furnished, has an enormous balcony overlooking the ocean, and has a bathroom in which our previous hotel room could have comfortably fit. This Creative Memories company really does things up right. We spent the afternoon in the hotel pool (140 ft. water slide pictures to come later) and were treated to a wonderful buffet tonight.

This does not qualify as rubbing anything in. This is merely sharing our joy with our brothers and sisters.

Tomorrow is beach day. Aloha!

8 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Keep the pictures coming. ........and isn't it funny how, so much of the time, our very good impressions and memories of a place involve the food?? :)

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I'm jealous. In a very happy-for-you, want-to-see-reverse-raccoon-pix kind of way! We came home from our trip and bought a timeshare in Kihei across from Kam II beach. If you want to go back, we've got it available for a week later this year!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's vacation. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's vacation. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's vacation...

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

Are you suggesting it's a little nicer there than, say, Fresno??

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm GREEN,GREEN,GREEN with a deadly sin of envy...I think I'll have to go forward to repent AFTER you come back and are preaching. I want to make you as uncomfortable as possible. You made me stumble!! Heehee....
A pretty fragrant lei for me would be atonement...(just kidding)

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Wow - looks like you guys are having a great time. Sometimes little, tiny hotel rooms are fun but suites are good as well.

Here's one for the teachers - Enjoy actually having time to eat your meals.

Keep the pics coming. BTW - Was "TC" your (remember Magnum P.I.) helicopter pilot?

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Brady said...

I liked Wendy's mantra…

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Ahhh. Every day is Monday in Maui. Sun-kissed, flower-scented Monday. Mmmonday.

(So ya gonna post again or what? I need to vacation vicariously through you two! You were just teasing us, huh?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters