Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday in Fresno

The heat slammed into us like a frying pan to the face. Even though we stepped off the puddle-jumper past midnight, we were assaulted by the toasty air. "Welcome home, suckers!" it laughed.

Even though there have been a few bumps in adjusting back to normality, we are still so grateful for the time away. I came back to work this morning refreshed and ready to face the last four weeks of the school year. It helps that we are winding down. It helps even more that I have a certain movie to look forward to in a couple of days. (The soundtrack comes out tomorrow. New Indy music by Maestro Williams. Too cool.)

We have a busy week ahead. Lisa has a ton of things to do, we will both be making up for lost time, and Sunday is my turn in the preaching rotation. Still, I don't hear anyone complaining. When the pace gets frenetic and the heat becomes oppressive, I'll just close my eyes, lean my head back, and lose myself in the memory of the Hawaiian surf.

2 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Happy trails...........and welcome home.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Mayor of Blakersfield said...

I dare you to preach in Indiana Jones attire. You know you want too. hahaha Welcome back to Fres-no-cold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters