Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mini Review: No Spoilers!

So there's a new Indiana Jones movie. Maybe you've heard. I saw it in the wee hours of the morning and will be seeing it again this weekend with Lisa and friends.

When "Raiders of the Lost Ark" came out, it immediately became my favorite movie and nothing has surpassed it. Because VCR's didn't exist yet and because it was summer and I had a lot of time on my hands and because the price to get into a matinee was something like a buck and a half back in the day...and because I really, really loved the movie and could rarely think of anything I wanted to do any more than go see it...I saw "Raiders" in the theater over 100 times. I will see the new movie in the theater exactly twice. And only because we've already made those weekend plans.

Let's just say that being reminded of "Jurassic Park: Lost World" is never a good thing.

Oh, sure, go see it. I mean, why not? But if you haven't seen "Iron Man" yet, I would use that movie to get the taste of this one out of your mouth. When you've all gone, report back, and I'll tell you exactly why they should have left well enough alone.

In a word: Yeesh.

5 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Mayor of Blakersfield said...

So is it worse than Temple of Doom?

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Last Crusade
3. Temple of Doom

I will update my list once I see the new one. How would you rank them Steve?

Thanks for not posting any spoilers. I will not have to bring any produce with me to church this Sunday. ;o)

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Oh dear. And I was really looking forward to seeing this.

Prince Caspian was fantastic, for what that's worth. As most of the book is about them walking around and wondering what they should do, they had to embellish, but not in a bad way.

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your underenthusiasm was overwhelming! (Never have liked Temple of Doom. I, too, hate snakes. But I did like "Short-Round" - he provided the much-needed comic relief)

The Bee's review may have said it all. It wasn't Indy, it was the perhaps outdated concept that failed to inspire. Raiders still my favorite, and Crusade a close
2nd.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Are there snakes in this one? If so, that makes my decisiona 'bout whether or not to see it!!

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on! 100 times? Did it just feel like 100 times or was that literal? If you are serious, you could watch this Indiana Jones at least 13 more times for the same amount.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters