Thursday, June 28, 2007

Retraction

Just back from a wonderful stay in Cambria, I notice that the Angels have been swept by the worst team in baseball. Now, as my baseball-savvy wife pointed out, the Kansas City Royals do this to us all the time. For whatever reason, they seem to have our number.

But this time it's different. This time it's my fault.

And so I officially retract the overly-effusive post in which I went into great detail about why the Angels are so awesome. Were it possible, I would speed into the sky, Superman style, flying so fast we all went back in time (ignoring every law of physics that would seem to demand we all be flung out into the cold of space were our world to suddenly turn the opposite way). I'm sorry I ever said anything and I now would like to recognize the sheer stupidity of it all.

In other words, I take it all back.

What I meant to say was, "The Angels are fun to watch right now. They're playing with a lot of confidence."

Am I too late?

7 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have they made the cover of SI yet? Maybe not too lateā€¦

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You JINXED them...you TALKED about them! Remember the superstitions.

I suppose that when the Angels play the Royals, you can throw all the stats away...

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

My son says I do the same thing when I talk about the Braves. What is it about us? Where did we get this amazing power? Where do we go from here? HELP!!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Cambria is so lovely - did you go to Hearst Castle? We spent our first anniversary over there. Gorgeous.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I made a similar comment when my son was 12 with respect to our Major All Star Team having a good shot at Williamsport. After losing to an inferior team in the District Championship Game, I confessed my sin by buying a new car to drown my "jinx sorrows."

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Mayor of Blakersfield said...

If making blogs about how well the Angels are playing will jinx them, then I say write about the Angels until they are far behind the Oakland Athletics. :)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Meowmix said...

I think I did the same thing to the Cardinals by bragging about their WS win last fall! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters