Monday, June 18, 2007

Lack of Postiness

Yeah, that's the first time I've gone a week or more without posting for quite some time. Wrapping up the school year, graduation, preaching, teaching class, finding teachers for July/August, working on curriculum with them, planning classes for Wednesday nights, and trying desperately to stay up with the Angels games will do that to a guy.

Speaking of the Angels...and isn't it sad that of all that, I choose to speak of the Angels...Lisa and I got to see them play at Dodger Stadium Friday night. It was the only game of the series that we lost, but WHAT a game! The pitchers dueled for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Derek Lowe struck out a career-high 11 batters. Ervin Santana carried a no-hitter into the fifth, giving it up shortly after taking a come-backer off the ankle. And, of course, everyone in the crowd complained because it was such a boring game. After all, no home runs were hit. Boo hoo. The guy behind us actually was complaining about the lack of foul balls! See, it's hard to hit a foul ball when you swing and miss that much.

I also neglected to post anything about my nephew, Avery, of whom I couldn't be prouder. He graduated from high school and is planning to attend ACU with his sister come fall. We celebrated his 18th birthday on Saturday, and there was much rejoicing. I can't say that Avery has become a fine young man, because the truth is that he hasn't changed much at all for years. He has long been the same intelligent, kind, funny, hard-working, humble person he is now. Avery is already the kind of man I hope my son grows up to be like.

So, as usual, there won't be as many posts during the summertime. But I'll be around. Stay tuned.

7 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Mayor of Blakersfield said...

Hooray! You are still alive. :)

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's SUMMER!! You should have all sorts of time to post! Well, in between all those little projects you mentioned...I got tired just reading about you doing all those things! My over-whelmed-ness, today, palls in view of your activities. I am in awe of you!

I spelled "withdrawal" wrong...I'll bet Wendy caught it...but she doesn't DARE speak of it.

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had a nickel for every time I saw that "Bakersfield" archway...remember I lived there for 23 years...and then another 21 months between '97-'98...um, it hadn't changed much.

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

"He's backkkk!"
Welcome to the summer my math teaching brother. I've warmed it up for you so please enjoy.

I'm loving this "wood-bat" league my son is playing in, espeically the sound of balls coming off wood which apparently you didn't hear much of in your recent visit to Dodger Stadium.

Speaking of hearing, we'd love to hear more from you so hang in there my math/teaching/blog brother.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

We miss you when you're gone! :)

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

I was wondering if you had slipped off to Pismo for the rest of the summer.

I've been rather post-y lately, so y'all come on over. There's no substitute for Thurman8er though - I could try to talk about baseball but I'd just embarrass myself.

Is it almost time for another poetry contest? (Oof, you people have good aim with those virtual tomatoes.)

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Brady said...

If the guy wanted foul balls, he should have gone to a Grizzlies game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters