Friday, June 08, 2007

No Thanks

In the wake of Curt Schilling's brush with no-hit greatness and on the precipice of a weekend clash between the Angels West and the Angels East (otherwise known as the St. Louis Cardinals), here is a list of pitchers I couldn't possibly have on my team.

Jamie Walker (BAL): "Walker?" Really? Is that what you're looking for in a pitcher?

Marcus McBeth (CIN): "To be or not to be?" Wait...2 B? That's BB! Base on Balls! D'oh!

Renyel Pinto (FLA): Hit a comebacker and he might blow up.

Brandon Duckworth (KC): Nobody wants a pitcher who has to duck.

Jimmy Gobble (KC): A real turkey.

David Riske (KC): Self-explanatory. And is it any wonder there are three Royals on the list?

Dave Bush (MIL): Trust me. In baseball, bush league is bad.

Kevin Slowey (MIN): Now if you can find me a Kevin "Fastey", that'd be a different story.

J.J. Putz (SEA): I know he's good. Still.

Carlos Zambrano (CHC): Nothing against the name. I just don't like the guy.

4 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Jim Gardner said...

Steve,

That is outstanding. If I were that creative, I would submit it to Baseball America or Baseball Weekly. Your creativity deserves some national notoriety.

Jim

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Hey, what is wrong with having a "Walker" on your team?

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Mayor of Blakersfield said...

I don't see any Oakland guys on that list, so thats good.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Josh Stump said...

Even though I think he might be a good one, you might add Matt Cain to that list. Matt Able, maybe, but Cain? And how about Lackey? or Peavy (too irritated) or Eaton (weight issues?) or Sheets (to sleepy) or Roger Clemens (to "Clemens" i.e, greedy)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters