Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Taken Over



Since my blog has been co-opted by preachers in search of gifts, I feel it may be time to post something new.

I simply don't function the same on vacation as I do when at work. I don't blog much or visit other blogs. My days are unregimented. Nights too. As of the third day of vacation, I have completed the Christmas shopping (and wrapping), almost gone down in defeat for the first time in Civ IV (lousy, stinkin' Montezuma...I HATE that guy!), seen the doc, worked with Sandra on worship plans for Sunday and almost finished my lesson for the same day. Oh, and posted the following picture:


I have also written the official Thurman Family 2006 Christmas Letter. I thought about posting it here, but it would be redundant as all you Faithful Readers have pretty much followed our ups and downs over the last couple of years. Yes, it covered two years. We didn't send a 2005 letter as we were in the midst of the demolition at the time. Last Christmas our house was in shambles, our spirits alongside it. This year is much better and we look forward to a wonderful time with family and friends.

Silliness and fun reign supreme around our house these days. There is warmth and laughter and a conspicous lack of holes in the outer walls. The rest of vacation promises golf and poker and video games and reading. In fact, I am desperately trying to finish reading my friend Kevin's present so I can wrap it before Christmas. It's a race to the finish.

I'm off to catch up on other blogs now. I leave you with this:


It ain't pretty. But it's us. Merry Christmas!

5 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Carolanne said...

I love the photos!
Hope you have a merry and safe Christmas!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

I will claim taking the first one for you, but that second one was obviously a photoshop creation of my first masterpiece taken!

However, I see you all more often in that second pose than the first!

What a pretty family. You married up my sweet brother!

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Brady said...

I can tell you've all had lots of practise with those poses…

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Which one is the silly picture?
Great pics of the fam.
I'm with Greg, I thought you dressed in green tights and had one of those cool green rings?
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't get that X-Mas letter...do you need my address???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters