Friday, November 24, 2006

Thankful Week

Yet another list of things I'm thankful for, in no particular order. By the way, the sheer number of times that I resort to "thankful lists" as my blog entry of the day does not mean that I am creatively challenged. It just means that I am very blessed and very aware of it.

I am thankful for...

...my wife. She runs a business, works another job, and keeps doing all the other things she has to even though she's the first to admit she doesn't like to. These things would, of course, include the laundry that is being done in the next room as I type this. Plus, she's a lot of fun and just gorgeous. I mean drop-dead, catch-your-breath gorgeous.

...my house. We were able to have people over this year because there wasn't a gaping hole in the kitchen and we weren't standing around on cold, concrete floors. God got us through an ordeal and made us better on the other side. Maybe His ultimate goal for all of us is to make us better on the other side. Hmmmm....

...my son. He has been so good this week. He loves his family and loves spending time with them. I love that this makes him happy. He also totally cracks me up.

...my new computer which seriously kicks old computer butt. And...
...my new car which is just totally sweet. And...
...James Bond because the new movie is awesome and Pierce Brosnan wouldn't last two seconds in a room with Daniel Craig. A full-on review of this spectacle is in order. Maybe later and I'll promise not to read anything Josh writes about it so my perspective isn't tainted.

...having the rest of the year off from preaching. I enjoy it. I really do. But I'm a tad worn out and I'm looking forward to a little time off. I'm not rubbing it in to you full-timers. After all, you don't have to put a lesson together on Optimization Problems on Monday.

...my job. I am just blown away by my kids this year. On Friday I finished my lesson early in one of my classes and told them they had 10 minutes to talk about all the things they were thankful for with their teammates. After 10 minutes of raucous noise, the bell was about to ring and I told them, sincerely, that I was thankful for them. They all "Awwwwwwwwww'ed", but to my surprise I noticed it was a sincere "Awwwwwwwwwwww," and then many of them said, "We're thankful for you too, Mr. Thurman." I was really touched. I mean, if you know any teenagers at all, try to imagine that scene. I have awesome, awesome kids.

...lots more things too. This week has had its ups and downs. I had one of my worst migraines ever on Tuesday and my allergies have been lousy. But I always get through these things. And I've had lots of time to rest and rejuvenate. So I'm grateful. And as always, I'm grateful for my fellow bloggers. I've been a bit out of it but how wonderful to know that your prayers are just a request away. God has put us in a special community. I pray for health and happiness for all of you. That you know Him more every day. And that you feel His love for you today and always.

We are blessed.

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I remember first reading your blogs and then commenting to Randy and Beth on a visit to Florida, "I like that Intentional Walk guy."

Little did I know that they knew you quite well and little did I know I would come to love a Brother in Christ (as well as math) w/o ever having met you. So I'm thankful for you my brother as well as your family. Maybe God will bless us with a face to face meeting some day. Until then, God bless.

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Lots to be thankful for... And I'm glad I don't have to do any math till the beginning of next year...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters