Friday, November 10, 2006

Weekly Wrapup

Things that have happened this week that I either haven't blogged about or have forgotten in the mere days it's been since I blogged about them:

My mom treated us to dinner on Sunday and my family showered me with birthday presents. I got a killer Sam Moore CD, a beautiful new Bible (TNIV Bible squared...big margins for notes), a framed picture of the two most beautiful people in the world (NOT Brittany and K-Fed, Josh...my wife and son) and the last book in the Lemony Snicket series called "The End." More on that later.

I took Monday off. I was planning on it, but ended up having this nice cold anyway. So at least I wasn't lying about calling in sick. I spent the day lazing and getting to know my new computer. As nice as it was to lay about all day, the high point came in the evening when my sweet niece called to wish me a happy birthday. It was so great to hear her chipper (down boy! sorry Greg) voice. She is having a blast at ACU. I hope she doesn't think the football team is going to win this many games every year.

I spent over 5 hours putting together a single PowerPoint lesson for Algebra II. I got going with an idea and couldn't stop. Fortunately the kids loved it so it was time well spent. Now we'll see if they GOT it or not when I test next week.

I read "The End." I'm a huge fan of "A Series Of Unfortunate Events," the tragic story of the Baudelaire orphans and the tyranny of Count Olaf. Please disregard the movie. It stunk. The series was delightful (a word I use sparingly). I was sad to see it end but fairly satisfied with how it turned out. Don't worry, no spoilers here. I especially enjoyed Chapter 14.

James and I are bach'in' it this weekend. We're having some good time together, especially today. So I could write more, or I could go watch the extras on the "Cars" DVD with him.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

You might want to email the Alg.2 PowerPoint presentation to me. Son is struggling, Dad trying to help.

Happy belated b/d and enjoy the weekend with James. Perhaps you two can come up with a few "Man Laws" (I love those commercials) for Lisa when she returns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters