Monday, November 06, 2006

37 of Me


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
37
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?


I went a long time without Googling myself.

Boy, if you weren't up on technology that last sentence might really throw you. I'll try again.

I went a long time without entering my name into a search engine. (That's a little better.) When I finally did, the results really surprised me. It seems that of those 37 Steve Thurman's in the world, most are either preachers or math teachers. I guess it was fate that I be both.

I would also like to mention at this time that I had my wife wondering for quite some time if Uma Thurman was my cousin. I would refer to her as "Cousin Uma" and Lisa would say, "She is NOT!" but then keep looking at me for confirmation that she really wasn't. So the doubts would linger.

I never knew anybody else with my name. There was this one kid who I knew in elementary school named Steven Taylor. When he came along I had to start writing "Steven Th" on all my papers and that really bugged me. I was there first. Why should I change?

I think it may still bother me.


4 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

EgoSurfing can be such fun. I never knew I had accomplished so many things! All 17 of me!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Just think Math Bro, you could have "added and "e" (Steven The) and had all kinds of fun.

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Brady said...

There is a famous football player who has my name. Ten years ago, put in BS and you got me. Now all you do is get him.

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have never tried that, but I know there's another person with my name in town. (I think I'll go back to my maiden name...last name Smith...then I'll "Google" and see who shares my name! Might even be related to Brady!)

Someone asked me recently if you, Steve, has relatives in Texas...seems there's a "Thurman" who is a preacher or a commentator there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters