Thursday, October 26, 2006

Health Updates

John's surgery went well and he is recuperating in the ICU. Continued prayers would be wonderful. To give you a little more insight into John's character, let me tell you two reasons he was pleased with the timing of the surgery. One: he was looking forward to being "bald and scarred" for Halloween. Two: he was glad that he would be back on the ballfield in plenty of time for the season to start.

I had my allergy scratch test yesterday. Those of you who have gone through that are probably now wincing in pain. Those of you who haven't are wondering what it is. Here's a brief synopsis.

90 little scratches on your back to see which ones cause a reaction. In my case, most. Then, by way of confirmation, 16 injections in the upper right arm. ALL of which caused a reaction. And the best part, spending the rest of the day itching and stuffy as a result of being shot up with everything you're allergic to. Joy.

Of course, this is all a part of getting better. They gave me a result sheet which showed that I truly am allergic to most trees, grasses, weeds, and mold. I'm also allergic to dogs and cats, although the results showed that I could have a pet cockroach should I so desire. I'll start getting regular shots in two weeks and, in January, I'll see an Ear, Nose, Throat guy to start the process of cleaning out my head.

In other news, my prediction of Tigers in five is looking bad. And now it looks as though rain might wash away any semblance of a normal Series. So how's this for a new prediction: Tigers in 7...with the final game to be played in November.

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

90 scratches on the back? Are you sure your Doctor isn’t from North Vietnam? I hope you feel better Bro. If you’re looking for a pet cockroach we can hook you up with one of our little flying brown darlings.

Greg’s comment about Keith’s cat-eating reminded me of a recent inspection at one of our local Chinese Restaurants. When the Health Inspector found half of a frozen dog in their freezer, the owners responded with, “That only for family get-together.” Trouble was, it was a “Family Chinese Restaurant!”

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you start the shots, you can have a cat! And a dog. And a parakeet. And a hamster. But cats are cool...
Will keep your friend in prayer...having seen more than my share of brain surgery, I have a good idea what to pray about.

Sorry "bout them Tigers. You can't "keep" a tiger tho'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters