Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Prayer Request

I have a little mini-series in mind on prayer that I want to start on this site soon. I was going to do it today and was struck by a little irony. While I was going to spend time writing about prayer, I have a friend who is in great need of prayer. So rather than spending time thinking about it, I plan to spend my day doing it.

My friend John had a brain tumor removed years ago. Part of the process is that you go back for regular checkups about every six months. During the last checkup, they found that the tumor had returned. So today, probably as I write this, he is having his second brain surgery.

John is a young, active guy. He's a great athlete. He teaches special ed kids and coaches the varsity baseball team at a nearby high school. He spent part of his summer doing mission work in Romania. He's a Dodger fan but I love him anyway. Today I'm worried for him and I seek prayer on his behalf. The last surgery took 8 hours and, as most of you know, you get to be AWAKE during brain surgery. Add to that the fact that your head is in a vice and you can't move at all (plus the idea of being able to hear everything they're doing) and it all adds up to one of the most uncomfortable things I can imagine. John's way tougher than me, but I know he could use some peace right now.

Please pray for that. And for healing and a quick recovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters