Thursday, October 12, 2006

Spinning Wheels

Lately I feel like I've been going all day, every day, and getting nothing done.

I know it all has to do with being sick, being very busy at work, and all that stuff. But it's frustrating to look behind you and see so little progress made. Keep me in your prayers as I struggle to get caught up...and maybe even finding the energy to get a little bit ahead.

Lisa and I are sharing a computer as I haven't found time yet to get her laptop up and running. I know you're all thinking that I'm spending all my time watching the playoffs but, honest, I've only watched two games. That alone should tell you something!

By the way, it will be the Mets and the Tigers in the series. I've called that from the beginning and I'm sticking to it. I know Tigers/Cards would throw us all back into the incredible '68 season (Gibson vs. McLain, anyone?), but I think we'll have to settle for '68 vs. '69. I actually like both of those teams too so it would be a great series.

Soon I'll post about the upcoming book discussion planned on a different blog. Get your copy of "Prayer" by Philip Yancey and join us!

6 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Josh Stump said...

I've been having exactly the same kind of week.

Tigers yes, Mets no. I just don't like the Mets pitching past Glavine at all. I think the Cards will take it.

Given what the Tigers went through a couple years ago losong 119 games or whatever it was, it is fun to see them turn things around.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Matt said...

If you're like me, the whole world seems to be darker and more depressing when you feel like you're sick and have lost productivity. Hang in there, Thurm!

In the meantime, I'm interested in the book discussion. Hope to hear more about it soon.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Three C Farm said...

I know exactly how you feel. It has taken me quite awhile to get my strength back. Prayers are with you.

Don't follow baseball. But, good luck to whomever ya'll are for.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

"Spinning Wheels" makes me think of the group "Blood, Sweat, and Tears" which ironically is what we end up pouring out to get out of that mode. Hand in there my spinning wheels / math brother.

I'm with the "Stumpster," Tigers - team of destiny, Cards - team of "Albert."

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Brady said...

I pick the Angels and the Giants.

Can't wait to get my book. Have you started yet?

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger tonymyles said...

I have a theory that when we're sick the computer serves as the old teddy bear we used to use as kids. Only its buttons aren't falling off as quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters