Wednesday, September 13, 2006

You Got Some 'Splaining To Do!

The CAT Scan revealed a humongous sinus infection. I think the doctor's actual words were, "How are you walking around?" The antibiotics MAY be starting to work but, brother, it hurts. I spent the weekend on the couch. Moaning.

In the educational equivalent of a perfect storm, all five of my classes took chapter tests on Friday. Thus, I have a mound of papers that I haven't had a chance to even look at yet, at least not through relatively pain-free eyes.

My niece is getting married Saturday (yea!). So we are flying to Santa Fe right after work on Friday. On Sunday I will get to see one of my best friends who I haven't seen for over 10 years. He lives in Albuquerque and my son calls him "Albuquerque James." We will get back late Monday night. I will have to miss Back To School Night. What a shame.

Still, that means that I have to have letters, syllabi, and classroom expectations for all the parents. I will also have to have sub plans ready to go for Monday and my own lessons for Tuesday. I have to get around to those tests sometime. And I preach next Sunday.

Oh, and I need to take my car to the shop.

Sometimes, blogging just has to wait.

5 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Brady said...

I could never fly with a sinus infection, let alone attend a wedding. But if it were my niece, yes, I'd suck it up.

Hope you get better…

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

It seems that the beginning of school is always a hectic time of year. Sorry you're feeling bad but I'm glad it wasn't anything serious. I'm with Brady on flying with a sinus infection. If you want to protect your ears you might want to purchase a set of "Earplanes" from Wally World. They will help with pain on takeoff and landing.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Josh Stump said...

Wow, that is way too much to do to be feeling sick. Here's what I do when I have too much to do and don't feel like doing it all, which is roughly all the time.

I carefully consider which activities are the most important and then I prioritize them all in my mind and as soon as I go through that process, I sit down and watch as much football as possible.

Try it out sometime.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

I'm glad you didn't try to visit Mom. You needed a visit of your own, with a vat of chicken soup and a "there, there" pat on the head to boot. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By this time, you hopefully will have received my e-mail, a "blog" unto itself! JUST a sinus infection??? HOO-BOY!! Don't get me started. (Steve, in spite of what my daughter says, you can visit me anytime...you aren't contagious...just "infectious" - there IS a difference) And I'm not EVEN going to say what a "sinus infection" can develop into,,,it would scare everyone's socks off! OK,,it's, what..the 20th now? I've lost all track of time. I hope and pray you are better. (And I am doing OK.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters