Monday, August 14, 2006

1 Down, 184 To Go

Most teachers will tell you that the first week back is the hardest. This is mostly due to the fact that we're not used to waking up at 6:00 and having to sit in meetings all day. But my day started with good news, so it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Three of my Calculus students passed their AP test last May! That might not sound great, but it's a terrific improvement over the zero who passed the year before. At least now I know that it can be done. So, Robin...KCee...Lilian: great job! Thanks for helping me realize I'm not a complete waste.

After all the meetings, I met with my dermatologist and found out that, sure enough, that spot on my back was just a spot. He assured me that I'll get more but the biopsy was negative so that was more good news.

I'm still waiting for results of the CAT Scan. I checked today but they told me to call back in two days. It's an odd sort of system when they say that they will call you only with bad news. In other words, if you hear nothing, you're fine. I'd like to know as soon as possible that I'm fine!

Even more good news: Lisa is at the Faith Hill/Tim McGraw concert and I didn't have to go! What a great way to start the school year. It's all a little scary...sort of like getting a birdie on the first hole. There's nowhere to go but down.

Thanks to all of you who have prayed for me. I got through the sermon and the biopsy. It looks like I might be okay after all. I know, I know, "okay" is a relative term, but you know what I mean. Now there are just 184 working days left until SUMMER TIME!

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I'm a few days ahead of you my math brother. Good to hear about the good test results. We'll continue to pray about the CAT Scan.

Hey, isn't Labor Day around the corner?

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Glad you already have one day under your belt+

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters