Monday, August 28, 2006

Slammed

The teaching profession is weird. Yes, in general, teachers are weird too, but that's a blog for another day. One of the weird things about the profession is how crazy certain parts of the year are while other parts are almost leisurely. The first couple of weeks are the busiest. While trying to get into the groove of teaching, we must also

  • check out books
  • check in new students
  • arrange desks
  • make seating charts
  • decorate classrooms
  • take inventories

and many, many other things that I'm too tired to think of right now.

When you add to that the fact that I'm trying to make good use of my smart classroom, which means providing a new PowerPoint for every lesson, time can get away from you very quickly.

All that to explain why I didn't blog much last week. We are also trying to get ready for our Fall curriculum at College and DCB and I will be doing most of that.

So, I'm slammed. And tired. And still working through those pesky health issues. (Apparently the CT Scan was clear since the doc never called...I would have called her but I couldn't get off the couch). I spent most of the weekend too tired to do much more than watch the Angels win a series from the Yankees and see Tiger win his 4th tournament in a row.

But I'll catch up soon. I'm anxious to get input on our plans for College for the rest of the year and to share some interesting tidbits from "The Purpose Driven Church," which I'm working through now and hoping that some of you have been through as well.

In the meantime, if you'll excuse me, I'd better get ready for tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like MY weekend...but wasn't it an amazing golf tournament??? Tiger is my hero!! I didn't watch baseball though...I should...I never missed a game when I was a kid...even collected baseball cards! Then my brother "stole" them from me!! He was SUCH a thief...

And this week is US Open Tennis...(I used to play tennis)...watched Agassi win tonite. And what a win that was.

Watching sports on TV (or in person if one is lucky) is maybe our creator's way of telling us we need to kick back sometimes, and get our minds off the strain and stressors of life. It's essential for good health!

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Hope you got rested up and are feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters