Saturday, October 14, 2006

Biblos 4 TheoBloggers

Brady had a great idea. Let's all get a copy of Philip Yancey's new book, "Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?" Let's read it together. And let's get on-line once a week and talk about what we've read.

I'm a big Yancey fan. I've read five or six of his books. I'm also a big Brady fan. I've heard five or six of his sermons. And I'm a big fan of telling people what I think. So the combination was perfect.

We are going to start the discussion on or about October 21st. We have set up a special site to handle it:
http://www.biblos.theobloggers.org./ You can also get to the site through my links over on the right. I want to officially invite all of you who haven't already signed up to join us. It should be a great way to share with each other our thoughts on prayer. Perspective is a wonderful thing.

Yancey will ask powerful questions. Does prayer work? At least, does it work the way we think it should? What can we really expect from prayer? Does prayer change us or God? Or both?

Come along.

3 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Brady said...

That sounds like a great idea. Count me in.

BTW, you OFFICIALLY have the first session, for October 21. Choose your chapters and get that first, thought-provoking post ready!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Cool!

I'm pretty sure I'll write about the first two chapters. They provide a typically great Yancey introduction.

 
At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters