Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I Didn't Make It

I knew this whole "blog-a-day" thing was gonna get me.

Yesterday I taught three classes where things went non-stop. They went well but I was worn out by the end of the day. Then it was off to the Worship Committee meeting at church which also went very well. Some great ideas were tossed around for our Christmas and New Year's worship days and Sandra and I collaborated on this coming Sunday. Then I picked up James and took him home. Lisa had a big event so I made us some yummy steaks. James helped me cook so things took a bit longer, but we had a lot of fun. By the time he was done with his second helping, it was bathtime. Then it was bedtime.

I vowed to work on my sermon last night, but after I finally got him to bed, I found that I couldn't even think. So I went to bed too. This morning I realized that I had gone blogless yesterday, so the streak is over. But I got some much-needed rest, I'm thinking again, and tonight I'm going to get that sermon going.

At least, that's the plan.

5 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I enjoyed the streak while it lasted. Isn’t it amazing how we can plan during the day (I’ll grade these papers at home, cut the grass, clean the house, and study for a Sunday School lesson) only to be exhausted by the time night comes.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

Praying for quiet moments and great inspiration!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Just pre-date this blog in the preferences, then link today's blog to it. You'll be following the letter of the law that way…

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Hey, I have a life and a job, and I'm still posting every day! Isn't anyone going to abuse him, even just a little?

Really, I'm glad you had a good day without having to tell us Internets about it. You often say more in one of your posts than I do in a week's worth of blogging, so you're actually quite ahead.

Love and netkhxs,

Wendy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters