Monday, May 22, 2006

Open House

We wish that more of our neighbors could have come by for food and fun Friday night. Still, we had four or five families there and spent a nice evening enjoying each other's company and watching the kids play in the bounce house. After some time spent eating, drinking, talking, and bouncing, one couple had to leave to go pick up their daughters. We brought everyone together and took turns, Lisa and I, giving them our thanks and being specific about what they, and others, did for us while our kitchen was a drive-thru. We all prayed together and I asked God's blessing on them...it was the best gift we could think of...and then the couple headed out.

Before they left, we all spent some time talking about how great it is to be able to share such things with neighbors. Very few people live in a place where Christ is honored in every home. I shared with them a vision I had earlier that day on my way home from work. I was thinking about the mansions that Jesus has prepared for us and I pictured the street we were all to live on in Heaven looking very much like the street we live on now. This is truly a group of people I wouldn't mind sharing eternity with. Our homes might be bigger...certainly the walls will be vehicle-proof...but our proximity to each other will stay the same.

I'm excited about that. I also like to think that all of you will be on adjoining streets.

Yesterday in class we talked about how Jesus modeled for us what humanity could be, what it should have been had we turned Satan's offer down. And we decided that since the evil one would be absent in Heaven, we will know that perfection for real some day.

"Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Some day we will be.

3 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I'm with Greg - I believe this all "adds" up to a great eternity.
Can we play golf in Heaven?

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Can you honestly imagine a Heaven without golf? Or baseball???

I can't.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I can't Steve. Can we all look like the Green Lantern?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters