Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Toot Toot

That's what my mom always says when somebody is tooting their own horn. "Toot toot."

The school newspaper at Sunnyside is called the Wildcat Word. The issue coming out this week is going to have an article about me. I haven't read it yet so I can't comment on it except to say how good it makes me feel to have the students want to do a feature on me. I'm blessed with some amazing kids and one of the fringe benefits of having all Algebra II and Calculus students is that you get all the Newspaper Editors and Rally Commissioners and Student Body Presidents, etc. in your class. So these kids who have more of a voice will speak out about the teachers they love (and hate). It's wonderful to be loved back.

There was a luncheon today that was special too. Each quarter, kids who are either doing well academically or showing great improvement are invited to a luncheon. Then they get to invite a staff member who has helped them succeed. So today there was such a thing as a free lunch. While we eat, each student--some of them painfully shy, some of them still learning to speak English--stands up and explains why they chose who they chose. If this was a church event, the tears would flow freely. At school we tend to try to keep things together more. For the record, Aaron said he chose me because I've helped him alot and I like Guns and Roses.

So I'm just thinking about that feast we're all going to be invited to someday. When we get some seriously special recognition that we don't even deserve. And how much God wants to stand up and brag on us and show how much He loves us.

Toot toot.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Steve! Make sure you post the article - complete with pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters