Friday, March 06, 2009

Senior Ditch Day

Yes, I seem to be missing some students today.

I was SO out of the loop when I was in high school. I rarely knew when anything was happening. And it went beyond the cool parties and senior ditch day. I didn't know when Prom was, fer cryin' out loud!

This is not to say I never ditched. I'll never forget a classic moment in my English class. One of my classmates who didn't care for me too much (I know, hard to believe) ratted me out. He said, "Hey, Thurman was at the movies Friday." The teacher asked, "How do you know?" And this brainiac replied, "I saw hi--, um, I...er..." Yeah. Genius.

Hint to all you high schooler's out there: If you're a C student, never rat out the A student.

Ah well, my classes are much quieter today.

4 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

CHS has multiple Senior Ditch days, with today being one. Some genius scheduled it for Sadie Hawkins - duh - anyone who ditches can't go to the dance.

(LOL The word verification for this post is: mathyp)

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll ditch with you sometime! Isn't there some teacher ditch days?
Shane

 
At 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mum was the principal's secretary...uh, administrative assistant, today. Do you really think that I could take part in "ditch day"?? It's nice to hear they still have "Sadie Hawkins Day...well, for us it was a dance. And the Turkey Trot!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

I didn't know anybody even still knew what Sadie Hawkins Day was! Reminds me of a funny e-mail I sent someone one year when it was Leap Year. Well, I thought it was funny, anyway...............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters