Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Morning Fun

I hoped to get a few things printed before class started this morning, so I started the laptop up first thing and clicked on my browser.

"No connection to Internet." Rats! I did some other stuff and came back.

"You are now connected." Yay! I went to the website and clicked on the manuscript.

"No connection to Internet." Rats! I went and did some more stuff and came back.

"You are now connected." Yay! I clicked again and the manuscript came up. I clicked "Print."

"No connection to Printer." Rats! This happens often and I know I have to reboot. I rebooted. This takes a fair amount of time, so I walked down to the office and came back. I sat down at the computer, opened the browser, went to the website and clicked on the manuscript. It showed that it was printing, so I clicked on the two other things I needed and headed back to the office where the printer is located.

"Printer offline." Rats! I turned it off and then back on because, for reasons far too majestic for my puny comprehension, that sometimes works.

"Printer online." Yay! I pressed the "Go" button.

I wish I had a "Go" button. I digress.

"Paper jam." Rats! I cleared the jam, opened and closed all the appropriate covers.

And lo, suddenly there was a bright light, and I heard the voice of a great angelic choir singing, "Behold, the printer doth feed thy paper through."

And I'll bet you thought it wasn't all going to work out. C'mon! Have a little faith, wouldja?

Happy Monday!

8 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

You make me laugh. Miss you.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

I loathe those moments when nothing goes right with the computer! I can tell you those moments are far less frequent with Mac computers.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I had a similar morning with my computer and the District's internet connection. Perhaps the little computer gremlins were moving west with the sun?

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger The Weaver's said...

Next time just use a hammer.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Oooooh....if I had a hammer....

Weave, you're the reason I know to reboot when I can't get a printer connection.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger The Weaver's said...

Hammer, reboot. It's all Pool-Pond to me.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Meowmix said...

"Rats!" is an apt comment for so many things, don't you think?? :)

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a case of the Mondays!
Shane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters