Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Banquets and Blackouts

Last night was the father/son banquet at Mt. View Christian School. James was being kind of a putz, so I want to say a few things about his school instead.

We are incredibly blessed since Mt. View has become part of our lives. James has blossomed as a student. He is treated with great respect and love. And he learns about Jesus as part of his curriculum. Lisa has found a wonderful working environment too, and has been blessed with great friendships.

Last night, Lisa was the entertainment at the banquet. The theme was "BUGS!" and the decorations were outstanding. Lisa showered us with corny bug jokes and everybody had a great time. Some parents are not strong in their faith, others really have none at all. Yet they choose to enroll their kids in a place that is safe and educationally respected. Through this, many people are exposed to Christ in a way they would not be otherwise. That is the definition of ministry.

Switching gears...

When we got home, I put on FSN West. They were showing a replay of Game 4 of the 2002 Divisional Series...Angels vs. Yankees. This was the clincher and I was really looking forward to watching it again.

Now, I may have mentioned that we have had some trouble with AT&T's U-Verse program. We do not get the new MLB network (which I have heard great things about). We have learned that they black out games from southern California...assuming, I suppose, that we should drive 4 hours to the game rather than watch it on TV. Customer service has been a nightmare. And there have been a few other problems as well.

Last night, when I put the game on, the screen simply read: "This game has been blacked out in your area."

...

So now, apparently, AT&T expects me to travel over 6 years back in time to watch a game rather than watch it on TV. I give up. We switch back to Direct next month.

10 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Now that's a blackout! You must be so many miles AND years away to view the event. Beam me up Scotty.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

Except for the frustration that causes you, that was actually funny! We had a similar experience with both cable and DISH ... so far we've been very pleased with the service from DirecTv

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did the judge say when the stinkbug walked into his office?

Odor! Odor in the court!

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you spot a modern spider?

He doesn't have a web, he has a website!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Stop it, babe. Seriously.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Lisa, you rock! I LIKED the jokes. :)

Glad you have a good school situation. That's so important, especially these days.

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does one firefly say to the other firefly when it's leaving?


Bye! I'm glowing now!


I promise that's the last one.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Jim Gardner said...

MAYBE YOU'LL LISTEN TO ME NEXT TIME!!!

See ya tomorrow night. Looking forward to Thursday night's with Tim cranking back up!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Brady said...

I did not see one play of the game, though I did watch some of the commercials. Oh well. All blacked out here.

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm paying through the nose for my NHL hockey through Comcast...but they will NOT show the San Jose Sharks games if they are played in SJ. But they are on Versus or another channel on REGULAR cable. I'm not a Sharks fan tho'...even if they are at the top of the NHL.
I'm not that fond of Comcast, but I was surprised I get the "Sundance" channel...GREAT movies, even if they are in "subtitles" sometimes. But there are too many channels I DON'T want. I wish I had the option to pick and choose what I want deleted!

LOVE the jokes, Lisa. Don't let him push you around! You ROCK!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters