Monday, January 26, 2009

4 years old

I blame Brandon Scott Thomas. I love him. But I blame him.

It's his fault I started this blog 4 years ago today. His fault I've put you through this for all that time. His fault you had to suffer with me when the car parked in my kitchen. His fault you've had to listen to me whine when I was sick or when things weren't going the way I wanted them to.

Of course, on the other hand, it's because of him that I have met people like Judy, Greg, and Cecil. Because of him that I have reconnected with Randy, Brady, and lately even people like Jenny. Because of him that Wendy, Carolyn, and others have gotten to see pictures of my boy growing up.

It was the ZOE website that led me to BST's blog...which led me to Mike's...which led me to Josh's. And I have been blessed by their words over the years. Truly, I've been as blessed by the blogs as by the annual ZOE conference (which was wonderful and uplifting and life-giving and John York's class was even more instructional and helpful than usual which is saying a lot).

So I guess I don't really blame Brandon after all.

There have been times that I've thought about giving it up...and now with the extra time my study will require my blogging may get spottier than in the past...but I always come back to the community that has developed as a result of it. It has become an important part of my life.

Thanks to all who drop by and give me encouragement. And thanks to all who write your own blogs. You uplift me and enrich my relationship with the church and with the Father.

Happy blogiversary!

8 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I remember when Randy and family visited our humble abode, I spoke of my love for you blog. I said something like, "Man, I like that "intentional walk" guy." I have never met you in person but I feel like I know you, Lisa, and James better than some of my West Cocoa friends.

God bless Brandon for putting you on to blogging. Maybe one day we'll meet the "normal way."

I'm headed out to Pepperdine this year. Any chance of a Fresno to Mailbu road trip? I'll buy the first round of tri-tip.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

I'm not sure about getting down that way this year, Cecil. As always, I'd love to...but it will come down to my seminary/teaching schedule.

If I can, I definitely will!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

HEY!! Go ahead..blame me!! I'm glad you're here. Love you, bro!

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if the blogging gets "spotty" as you say, remember that all we need is a few words, as you try to keep your head above water, to say that you are indeed alive! And if you find yourself flailing, and going down for the 2nd or 3rd times, just give a yell and we'll be there by your side...like benevolent cheerleaders! That should do it to find the fresh air again.

We've watched James grow up...but we have also watched YOU grow even more, spiritually! It's a process...and nothing GOOD happens too quickly! Everything you absorb has its own time...God's time!! We are very proud of you!!!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

While we're spreading the blame, it's Randy's fault I ever started blogging, gut I'm glad BST got you into this cyber-world! Even if you are a math teacher.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Josh Stump said...

Something else to like BST for. Nice. Sorry we missed you at Fresno this year. We will be back next year.

Glad you haven't given up the blog.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Meowmix said...

You're very special in my world. I considered giving mine up this year due to a budget crisis and the need to pay my blog fees, but I just can't give it up. The give and take of interction, love, and encouragement is something that is precious to me. Thanks for the part you play in it.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Brady said...

I, for one, am glad you blog. And when you do it just from time to time, that's no problem. Happy blog day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters