Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events

You know those days where everything is going along just fine...and then 3 or 4 things pile up on you all in a row? Yeah, I had one of those yesterday.

I went by the seminary to talk about some financial options and hit a huge snag. Nothing impenetrable, just some stuff that will have to be worked out.

About three blocks into my drive home a big dog ran right out in front of my car and I hit him pretty good. I was in the middle lane, so it took a while for me to have enough space to pull over and off the road. My car was okay (I guess), but I had traveled quite a ways from where I hit the poor mutt and I couldn't find him when I looked. I consoled myself by imagining he loped away fine.

Then it was some piddly stuff...like going to the drug store for ONE prescription that wasn't filled. In about an hour my day had gone from all right to *sound of bronx cheer*.

Yes, I prayed. Yes, the sun still came out today. And yes, I know that I am more prone to mood swings than others. Still, it always surprises me how one hour of misery can turn things around. Ah well...time to make some phone calls and (hopefully...prayerfully) get everything back on track. Except for that dog. Not much I can do for that dog.

5 Comments:

At 4:06 AM, Blogger Brady said...

I've never hit a dog, but I've had the other stuff happen to me. Praying is a good way to take it all in.

Much love from Lausanne

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

I'm sorry. That's a bummer of a day. I sympathize with all of it. Anything to do with finances can get sticky.........nothing tests my patience like a trip to Walgreen's............and the dog? I'm really sorry about that.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Sorry about the day Bro but its good to see you back.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

Bummer. I, too, eventually turn to prayer but it seems I try just about everything else first ... to no avail. You'd think I'd learn, wouldn't you?

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stressful events seem to happen in "three's"...I don't know why, but it does. But you know what you need to do in times like this. I just pray that unexpected blessings will rain down on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters