Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blogging...Slogging...Fogging

Yeah, I don't blog much when I'm sick either.

During Sunday night's screening of "Kung Fu Panda" (in the wonder of Blu-Ray!) I had that horrible feeling. One minute I was fine and the next I realized I wasn't. There's something really lousy about that instant where you realize you are getting sick. But there was a busy week ahead...buying a Christmas tree...writing my final essay...teaching my class. I didn't have time to be sick! Lisa has been working extra hours too so the net result was lots of tired evenings.

I did miss work on Tuesday and worked on my paper, a 5-page essay due tonight. I was so pleased when I found that elusive conclusion and wrote the last paragraph. Joy turned to despair, however, when I scrolled to the top to begin my first proofread and realized that I had only written four pages. I don't count well when I'm ill. So I added a few thoughts yesterday, ended up with just over 4 1/2 pages, called it good, and e-mailed it in. Instantly, my shoulders lifted and a bit of the fog parted. I suddenly realized that all 7 books had been read, all 7 papers had been finished (for better or for worse) and the only thing left to do was attend class one more time, tonight, and enjoy a final lesson.

I hope to write more about the final book and paper. I learned a great deal about how the church has fallen in line with worldly powers and what we can do (rediscover our weakness) to break free. But those are blogs for another day...when my head is clearer and my pocket is free of cough drops.

3 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

Sick sucks.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Glad you're back. Sickness reminds me of how important my body really is to me… Much love from here…

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

I've been sick too. I had a cold that turned into an infection, and its been rough. :( Poor us. :)
I've seriously considered attending seminary, but you're making me nervous! I know that now is not the time, but someday............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters